Whitefly: Bemisia tabaci
Symptoms of damage:
- Chlorotic spots
- Downward curling and drying of leaves
- Vector of tomato leaf curl disease
Identification of pest
- Egg: Pear shaped, light yellowish, stalked
- Nymph: On hatching – Oval, scale-like, greenish white
- Adult: White, tiny, scale-like adults
- Uproot and destroy the diseased leaf curl plants
- Use nitrogen and irrigation judiciously.
- Remove alternate weed host Abutilon indicum
- Use yellow sticky traps at 12/ha to attract and kill insects.
- Apply carbofuran 3% G @ 40 kg /ha or spray any one of the following insecticides
Insecticide Dose Dimethoate 30 % EC 1.0 ml/lit. Malathion 50 % EC 1.5 ml/ lit. Oxydemeton –Methyl 25 % EC 1.0 ml/ lit. Thiamethoxam 25 % WG 4.0 ml/10 lit.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal