Whitefly: Bemisia tabaci
Symptoms of damage
- Leave mottled and yellowish in colour
- the vector of the yellow mosaic virus
Identification of the pest
- Adults -are small, yellow bodied insects with white wings which are densely covered with a waxy powder.
- Nymphs and pupae -are black and round or oval. Pupae have marginal bristles
Management of sucking pests
- Shaking the infested plants over the vessels of oil and water or oily cloth gives most effective
- Spray methyl demeton 25 EC 500ml or dimethoate 30 EC 500 ml or phosphomidon 85 WSC 250 ml/ha.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal.