White grubs : Holotrichia consanguinea, Holotrichia serrata
Symptoms of damage:
- The grubs feed roots and damage pods.
- Grubs feed on fine rootlets, resulting in pale wilted plants, dying in patches.
Identification of the pest:
- Eggs: White, almost round.
- Larvae: Young grubs are translucent, whitish yellow in colour , fleshy ‘C’ – shaped
- Adults: Dark brown beetle. Beetles emerge out of the soil within 3-4 days after the onset of rain.
- Apply anyone of the following insecticides
- Carbofuran 3%CG 33.3 kg/ha
- Chlorpyrifos 20%EC 1125 ml/ha
- Phorate 10%CG 25 kg/ha.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal