Whitefly: Bemisia tabaci
Symptoms of damage
- Due to the attack of the insect, the leaves turn yellow and become curled.
- This insect spread the mosaic disease in soybean.
Identification of the pest
- Nymphs and pupae: Black and round or oval. Pupae have marginal bristles.
- Adults: Small, yellow bodied insects with white wings which are densely covered with a waxy powder
- Dusting of cow dung ash and spraying of clay suspension as asphyxiants (in small area and low incidence of sucking insects)
- Spray 0.05 % quinalphos 25 EC oxydemeton methyl 25 EC, or dimethoate 30 EC @ 2ml /lit at the crop age of 35-40 days and repeat after 15 days if needed.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal