Tomato Thrips: Thrips tabaci, F. rankliniella
Symptoms of damage:
- Silvery streaks on leaf surface
- Premature dropping of flowers
- Bud necrosis.
- The vector of tomato spotted wilt virus.
Identification of pest:
- Nymphs: Yellowish
- Adult: Dark coloured with fringed wings
- Mechanically uproot the diseased plants and destroy them
- Use yellow sticky traps @ 15/ha
- Release larvae of Chrysoperla cornea @10,000/ha
- Spray methyl demeton 25 EC @1lit/ha or dimethoate 30 EC @1lit/ha
- TamiNadu Agritech Portal