Spiraling whitefly: Aleurodicus dispersus
Symptoms of damage:
- Nymphs and adults suck the sap from leaves
- Honeydew – development of sooty mould fungus
- Yellowing of leaves.
- Dropping of affected leaves.
Identification of pest:
- Nymph – short glass-like rods of wax along the sides of the body
- Adult – Powdery white, active during early morning hours.
- Field sanitation
- Removal of host plants
- Installation of yellow sticky traps
During heavy infestation – application of imidacloprid 200SL at 0.01% or triazophos 40EC at 0.06%
- Spray Neem oil 3% or NSKE 5%
- Release of predators viz., Coccinellid predator, Cryptolaemus montrouzieri
- The release of parasitoids viz., Encarsia haitierrsis and E.guadeloupae.
TamilNadu Agritech Portal