Soybean Thrips: Thrips tabaci
Symptoms of damage
- The infected leaf turns whitish-brown in colour.
- In case of heavy infestation the leaves get dry and drop down and slowly the plant becomes leafless.
- Dusting of cow dung ash and spraying of clay suspension as asphyxiants (in small area and low incidence of sucking insects)
- Spray 0.05 % quinalphos 25 EC, or oxydemeton methyl 25 EC, or dimethoate 30 EC @ 2ml /lit at the crop age of 35-40 days and repeat after 15 days if needed.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal