Soybean Jassids: Apheliona maculosa
Symptoms of damage:
- Infested leaves start yellowing from the margins.
- In the case of severe attack, all the leaves become yellow and eventually fall off from the plants.
Identification of the pest:
- Adults and nymphs: are light green in colour and suck the sap from leaves and stem.
- Install one light trap (200W mercury vapour lamp) per hectare to catch the adults of some nocturnal pests such as jassid, (positively phototropic)
- Spray 0.05 % quinalphos 25 EC, oxydemeton methyl 25 EC, or dimethoate 30 EC @ 2ml /lit at the crop age of 35-40 days and repeat after 15 days if needed.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal