Name of Scheme: Soil and Water Conservation under Western Ghats Development Programme
Project Area: Coimbatore, Erode, Madurai, Theni, Dindigul, Virudhunagar, Tirunelveli and Kanyakumari District.
Details of Works:
- Staggered contour trenching
- Gabion structure
- Drainage line treatment works
- Contour rubble bund
- Contour / Compartmental bunds
- Check dam.
- Village ponds
- Water harvesting structures
- Farm ponds
- Land shaping
Benefits offered (Subsidy):
100% grant is provided for Soil Conservation measures. However, beneficiaries are required to contribute at the rate of 10% for individual works and 5% for community works. It is 5% in case of SC/ST, for individual works.
All the farmers whose lands are covered in the selected Watersheds are eligible for a subsidy.
Time-limit for Implementation:
Works will be completed within the financial year in the selected watersheds.
Officer to be approached:
- Assistant Executive Engineer, AED in the Revenue Division.
- Executive Engineer, AED in the District.
- Superintending Engineer, AED in the Region.
- Chief Engineer, Agricultural Engineering Department, Nandanam, Chennai-35. Phone 2435 2686, 2435 2622.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal