Name of Scheme: Soil and Water Conservation under Hill Area Development Programme
Project Area: Nilgiris District
Details of Works :
- Bench Terracing
- Drainage line treatment works
- Water Harvesting Structures.
- Collection Wells
- Terrace support works
- Stream training works
- Silt detention tanks and
- Landslide treatment works
Benefits offered (Subsidy):
100% grant is provided for Soil Conservation measures. However, beneficiaries are required to contribute at the rate of 10% for individual works and 5% for community works. It is 5% in case of SC/ST, for individual works. This contribution shall be deposited in the Watershed Development fund. The landslide treatment measures are executed with 100 % grant.
All the farmers whose lands are covered in the selected watersheds are eligible.
Time-limit for Implementation:
Soil Conservation and Landslide treatment works will be completed within the financial year
Officer to be approached:
- Assistant Executive Engineer, AED, IGBP Complex, Botanical Garden Road, Udagamandalam-643 001, Nilgiris District.
- Assistant Executive Engineer, AED Mysore Road, Selvipettai, Gudalur-643 312, Nilgiris District.
- Assistant Executive Engineer, AED, Land Slide, Hill Area Development Programme, 117. Brindavan School Road, Wellington Bazaar, Wellington, Coonoor-643 102, Nilgiris District.
- Executive Engineer, AED Joint Director of Horticulture Office Complex, Vijayanagaram, Udagamandalam-643 001, Nilgiris District.
- Superintending Engineer, AED, Coonoor, Nilgiris District.
- Chief Engineer, Agricultural Engineering Department, Nandanam, Chennai-35. Phone 2435 2686, 2435 2622
TamilNadu Agritech Portal