Shoot webber: Orthaga exvinacea
Symptoms of damage:
- Caterpillar webbing of terminal leaves and scrapes the chlorophyll content
- Drying up plants.
Identification of pest:
- Larva – Pale greenish with brown head and prothroacic shield.
- Adult – Brown moth with wavy lines on fore wings.
- Remove and destroy the webbed leaves along with larva and pupa
- Spray carbaryl at 50 WP @ 0.1%
- Encourage the activity of predators, carabid beetle Parena lacticincta, reduvid Oecama sp.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal