Thrips: Grape thrips: Rhipiphorothrips cruentatus
Onion thrips: Thrips tabaci
Symptoms of damage:
- Nymphs and adults – lacerate the tissues from the under surface of the leaves
- Suck the oozed out sap.
- Silvering or white streaks appear on the infested leaves.
- Leaves show brown patches and get distorted, finally wither and drop down.
- Infested flowers do not open; flowers fade and fall off down prematurely.
Identification of the pest:
- R.cruentatus – Adults are blackish brown and the nymphs are reddish in colour.
- T. tabaci – nymphs and adults are pale yellowish in colour
- Spray methyl demeton 2ml (or) phosalone 2ml / lit (or) neem oil 3%
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal