Rose Scale: Lindingaspis rossi, Aonidiella aurantii, Aspidiotus spp
Symptoms of damage:
- Scales completely cover the stem.
- Affected portion of the plant dries up.
- In server infestation, the whole plant may die.
Identification of the pest:
- Reddish brown waxy scale found on the lower portion of the old stem.
- Female – wingless comparatively large
- Cut and burn the affected branches.
- Rub off the scales with cotton soaked in Kerosene or Diesel.
- Spray malathion 2ml /lit. at the time of pruning
- Apply carbofuran 5g/ plant (or) spray fish oil resin soap 25g/lit.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal