Rose Red spider mite: Tetranychus cinnabarinus, T. urticae
Symptoms of damage:
- Feed on the undersurface of leaves and are found covered with silken webs.
- Yellow spots appear on the upper surface and leaves turn reddish due to feeding.
- Affected leaves finally wither.
- Growth and flower production are adversely affected.
Identification of the pest:
- Eggs are laid on the ventral surface of the leaves and are whitish, spherical in shape
- Nymphs and adults are red in colour.
- Spray dicofol 2 ml (or) wettable sulphur 2g/lit.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal