Rose aphid: Macrosiphum rosaeformis D., M. rosae
Cotton aphid: Aphis gossypii Glover, Green peach aphid: Myzus persicae
Symptoms of damage:
- Nymphs and adults are found in clusters on the tender shoots, flowers and buds and suck the sap.
- Withering of tender shoots
- Buds fall off prematurely and the flowers show fading.
Identification of the pest:
- Elongated pear shaped body with large red eyes, black cornicles and pinkish in colour.
- Globular yellowish green to brown or black in colour.
- Yellowish green or rarely reddish.
- Spray methyl demeton 1ml / lit (or) methyl parathion 2ml/lit or neem oil 0.5%
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal