Name of Scheme: Rain Water Harvesting and Runoff Management Programme
Project Area: All Districts (Except Chennai and Nilgiris)
Details of Works:
- Percolation ponds
- Major, medium and minor check dams
- Farm Ponds
- Rejuvenation of unused wells
- Village tanks / Ooranies.
Benefits offered (Subsidy):
100% grant is provided on the cost of works taken up in community lands. However, the beneficiaries are required to contribute 10% of the cost of works (it is 5% in case of SC/ST) in cash which will be deposited in the name of the Village Development Association / Watershed Association for future maintenance of the assets created. 90% subsidy is provided on the cost of works in patta lands and the remaining 10% is collected as beneficiary share.(it is 5% in case of SC/ST) in the form of cash/labour /material.
Eligibility: All the farmers in the selected watersheds in the respective district.
Time-limit for Implementation: Works will be completed within the financial year.
Officer to be approached:
- Assistant Executive Engineer, AED in the Revenue Division. Executive Engineer, AED in the District.
- Superintending Engineer, AED in the Region.
- Chief Engineer, Agricultural Engineering Department, Nandanam, Chennai-35. Phone 2435 2686, 2435 2622
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal