Pumpkin beetles: Red Beetle: Aulacophora foveicollis, Purple bettele:A. cincta, Ash beetle:A. Intermedia
Symptoms of damage:
- Grubs feeds on the roots, stem and fruits touching the soil
- Adult feeds on leaf and flowers.
Identification of pest:
- Grub: Freshly hatched dirty white, fully grown grub creamy yellow in colour
Aulacophora foveicollis: red in colour
A. cincta: grey in colour having glistening yellow red border
A. intermedia: blue in colour
- Plough the fields just after harvesting destroy the hibernating adults
- Collect and destroy adult beetles
- Spray malathion 50 EC @ 500 ml or dimethoate 30 EC 500 ml or methyl demeton 25 EC@ 500 ml/ ha.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal.