Pinworm: Tuta absoluta (Gelechiidae, Lepidoptera)
- Mining of leaves, stem, and pinholes on fruits
- Collect and destroy the pinworm affected plants and fruits
- Avoid solanaceous crops after tomato
- Use healthy seedlings for transplanting
- Keep pheromone traps @ 16 nos./ac to attract and kill the adult moths
- If needed, spray Chlorantraniliprole 18.5% SC @ 60 ml or Cyantraniliprole 10% OD @ 60 ml or Flubendiamide 20% WG @ 60 ml or Indoxacarb 14.5% SC @ 100ml or Neem formulation (Azadirachtin 1% or 5%) @ 400 – 600 ml/ac.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal