Opium poppy Capsule borer: Helicoverpa armigera
Symptoms of damage:
- It feeds on flower heads and seeds of flower heads.
Identification of the pest:
- Larva is greenish with dark brown-grey lines along the sides of the body.
- Adult moth is medium size; brown with ‘V’ shaped speck and dull black border on the hindwing.
- Hand picking of the larvae.
- Use of pheromone traps at 12/ha.
- Spray NPV 250 LE / ha.
- Use of Bt spray formulation at 2g/2ml per litre of water
- Use of egg parasitoids Trichogramma chilonis at 5cc/ha
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal