Okra Shoot borer: Earias vitella, E. insulana
Symptoms of damage:
- Terminal shoots wither and droop
- Shedding of buds and flowers
- Bore hole in fruits and fee
- Deformed fruits
Identification of pest:
- Egg: Sculptured egg and sky blue in colour
- Larva: Brownish with white streaks dorsally and pale yellow ventrally
- Adult: Forewing is pale with a wedge shaped green band in the middle
- Larva: Brown with dorsum showing a white median longitudinal streak
- Pupa: Brown and boat shaped
- Adult: Forewing is uniformly silvery green
- Set up pheromone trap @ 12/ha.
- Collection and destruction of affected fruits.
- Release of egg parasite Trichogramma chilonis @ 1.0 lakh/ha.
- The release of 1st instar larvae of green lacewing predator Chrysoperla carnea @ 10,000/ha.
- Dust carbaryl 10 % DP @ 25 kg /ha or spray Bacillus thuringiensis @ 2 g/lit or spray any one of the following insecticide
ml or g/lit
|Azadirachtin 0.03% WSP (300 ppm)||5.0 g/lit|
|Azadirachtin 5% Neem Extract Concentrate||5.0 ml/10 lit|
|Emamectin benzoate 5 % SG||3.0 g/10 lit|
|Phosalone 35 % EC||1.5 ml /lit|
|Pyridalyl 10 % EC||1.0 ml/lit|
|Quinalphos 25 % EC||8.0 ml/10 lit|
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal.