Okra Aphid: Aphis gossypii
Symptoms of damage:
- Infesting tender shoots and under surface of the leaves.
- Curling and crinkling of leaves
- Stunted growth
- Development of black sooty mould due to the excretion of honeydew
Identification of pest:
- Nymphs: Yellowish or greenish brown found on the undersurface of leaves.
- Adults: – are greenish brown, soft-bodied and small insects
- Spray any one of the following insecticides (500 l spray fluid/ha)
- Imidacloprid 200 SL at 100 ml/ha
- Methyl demeton 25 EC 500 ml/ha
- Dimethoate 30 EC 500 ml/ha
- Phosphamidon 40 SL 600 ml/ha.
- NSKE 5%
- Monitoring the activities of the alate adult by setting up yellow sticky traps
- Tamilnadu Agritech Portal