NABARD assisted Rain Water Harvesting Programme-TamilNadu

Name of Scheme: NABARD assisted Rain Water Harvesting Programme

Project Area: Kanchipuram, Thiruvallur, Villupuram, Cuddalore, Vellore, Salem, Erode, Namakkal, Trichy, Perambalur, Karur, Dindigul, Theni, Virudhunagar, Ramnad, Sivaganga, Thoothukudi, Coimbatore and Nilgiris.

Details of Works:

  • Percolation ponds
  • Major, medium and minor check dams
  • Farm pond
  • Rejuvenation of unused wells

Benefits offered (Subsidy): 100% grant is provided on the cost of works taken up in community lands. 75% subsidy is provided on the cost of works in patta lands and the remaining 25% is collected as beneficiary share.

Eligibility: All the farmers in the selected watersheds in the respective district.

Time-limit for Implementation: Works will be completed within the financial year.

Officer to be approached:

  •  Assistant Executive Engineer, AED in the Revenue Division Executive Engineer, AED in the District.
  • Superintending Engineer, AED in the Region.
  • Chief Engineer, Agricultural Engineering Department, Nandanam, Chennai-35. Phone 2435 2686, 2435 2622



  • TamilNadu Agritech Portal
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons