Name of Scheme: NABARD assisted Rain Water Harvesting Programme
Project Area: Kanchipuram, Thiruvallur, Villupuram, Cuddalore, Vellore, Salem, Erode, Namakkal, Trichy, Perambalur, Karur, Dindigul, Theni, Virudhunagar, Ramnad, Sivaganga, Thoothukudi, Coimbatore and Nilgiris.
Details of Works:
- Percolation ponds
- Major, medium and minor check dams
- Farm pond
- Rejuvenation of unused wells
Benefits offered (Subsidy): 100% grant is provided on the cost of works taken up in community lands. 75% subsidy is provided on the cost of works in patta lands and the remaining 25% is collected as beneficiary share.
Eligibility: All the farmers in the selected watersheds in the respective district.
Time-limit for Implementation: Works will be completed within the financial year.
Officer to be approached:
- Assistant Executive Engineer, AED in the Revenue Division Executive Engineer, AED in the District.
- Superintending Engineer, AED in the Region.
- Chief Engineer, Agricultural Engineering Department, Nandanam, Chennai-35. Phone 2435 2686, 2435 2622
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal