Mustard aphid: Lipaphis erysimi
Symptoms of damage:
- Both nymph and adults suck the sap from leaves, buds and pods
- Curling of infested leaves and at advanced stage plants may wither and die
- Plants remain stunted and sooty molds grow on the honeydew excreted by the insects
Identification of pest:
- Aphids: Small, soft-bodied, pearl-shaped insects
- Set up yellow stick trap to monitor aphid population.
- Conserve the natural enemies viz., Cocciniella septempunctata, Menochilus sexmaculata,
- Spray dimethoate@ 2 ml /lit.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal