Chilli is one of the most valuable crops in India.The crop is grown mainly for its fruits all over the India. There are some of the minor pests that may become serious and may cause damage to the crop.An overall reduction in the yield of chilli is due to arthropod pests and the joint infestation of thrips and mites.
Major pests of Chilli are:-
|2.||Green peach aphid|
BASIC PRECAUTIONS IN PESTICIDE USAGE
1. Purchase only just required quantity e.g. 100, 250, 500, 1000 g/ml for a single application in specified area.
2. Do not purchase leaking containers, loose, unsealed or torn bags; Do not purchase pesticides without proper/approved labels. 3. While purchasing insist for invoice/bill/cash memo.
1. Avoid storage of pesticides in house premises.
2. Keep only in original container with intact seal.
3. Do not transfer pesticides to other containers; Do not store expose to sunlight or rain water; Do not weedicides along with other pesticides
4. Never keep them together with food or feed/fodder.
5. Keep away from the reach of children and livestock.
1. Never carry/ transport pesticides along with food materials.
2. Avoid carrying bulk pesticides (dust/granules) on head shoulders or on the back.
D. Precautions for preparing spray solution
1. Use clean water.
2. Always protect your nose, eyes, mouth, ears and hands.
3. Use hand gloves, face mask and cover your head with cap.
4. Use polythene bags as hand gloves, handkerchiefs or piece of clean cloth as mask and a cap or towel to cover the head (Do not use polythene bag contaminated with pesticides).
5. Read the label on the container before preparing spray solution.
6. Prepare the spray solution as per requirement
7. Do not mix granules with water; Do not eat, drink, smoke or chew while preparing solution
8. Concentrated pesticides must not fall on hands etc while opening sealed container. Do not smell pesticides.
9. Avoid spilling of pesticides while filling the sprayer tank.
10. The operator should protect his bare feet and hands with polythene bags
1. Select right kind of equipment.
2. Do not use the leaky and defective equipment.
3. Select right kind of nozzles
4. Don’t blow/clean clogged nozzle with mouth. Use old tooth brush tied with the sprayer and clean with water.
5. Do not use same sprayer for weedicide and insecticide.
F. Precautions for applying pesticides
1. Apply only at recommended dose and dilution
2. Do not apply on the hot sunny day or strong windy condition; Do not apply just before the rains and after the rains; Do not apply against the windy direction.
3. Emulsifiable concentrate formulations should not be used for spraying with battery operated ULV sprayer
4. Wash the sprayer and buckets etc with soap water after spraying
5. Containers buckets etc used for mixing pesticides should not be used for domestic purpose
6. Avoid entry of animals and workers in the field immediately after spraying
7. Avoid tank mixing of different pesticides
1. Left over spray solution should not be drained in ponds or water lines etc. throw it in barren isolated area if possible
2. The used/empty containers should be crushed with a stone/stick and buried deep into soil away from water source.
3. Never reuse empty pesticides container for any other purpose.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal
- Directorate of Plant Protection, Quarantine and Storage.