Lily caterpillar: Polytela gloriosae
Symptoms of damage:
- Early instars feed on chlorophyll of the leaves
- Later instars feed voraciously leaving only the hard stem of the plant
- Complete devastation.
Identification of the pest:
- Egg – Small in size and white coloured
- Larva – dark brown colour head and black colour abdomen
- Adult – violet colour and white colour spots present on the forewing
- Spray application of Neem oil 0.5% or NSKE 5%
- A collection of growth stages and destruction.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal