Chichoo moth or Leaf webber: Nephopteyrx eugraphella
Symptoms of damage:
- Caterpillar webs and feed on leaves
- Scrapping chlorophyll content
- Leaves dried and hanging from the webbed shoots
- Caterpillar bores into flower buds and tender fruits – withered and shed.
Identification of pest:
- Egg – pale yellow colour, oval shaped
- Larva – pinkish in colour, brown stripes on each side of the body.
- Adult – Greyish moth with brown or black spot on the forewing.
- Remove and destruct the infested fruits from the orchard
- Collect and remove the dried clusters of leaf web
- Insecticides: Spray phosalone 35 EC 2 ml/lit or phosphamidon 40 SL 2 ml/lit or neem seed kernel extract
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal