Leaf webber: Crocidolomia binotalis
Symptoms of damage:
- Young larva feeds gregariously on leaves
- Later webs together the leaves feed within
Identification of pest:
- Egg: laid in groups under surface of leaves.
- Larva: green coloured.
- Pupa: pupation takes place within the webbed up leaves
- Adult: Forewings having distinct wavy lines and prominent wavy spots. Hind wings are semi hyaline colour
- Remove and destroy the webbed leaves with caterpillars within
- Set up light traps@1/ha
- Encourage the activity of parasitoid: Cotesia crocidolomiae
- Spray malathion 50 EC @ 0.1% or carbaryl 0.2%
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal.