Jasmine Red spider mite: Tetranychus cinnabarinus
Symptoms of damage:
- Feed on the undersurface of leaves and covered with silken webs.
- Result of feeding, yellow spots appear on the upper surface and turn reddish.
- Affected leaves finally wither away.
- Growth and flower production are adversely affected.
Identification of the pest:
- Nymphs and adults are red in colour.
- Eggs are laid on the ventral surface of the leaves, whitish and spherical shape.
- Remove and destroy the affected parts.
- Spray dicofol 18.5 EC 1.5ml/l or wettable sulphur 50WP 2g/lit.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal