Jasmine Budworm: Hendecasis duplifascialis
Symptoms of damage:
- Caterpillar makes a hole on the flower bud and feeds on the inner content.
- Larva attacks 2 -3 buds
- Petals are eaten by the larvae.
Identification of the pest:
- Larva is greenish with pale body hairs and black head.
- Adult – small white moth with black wavy lines on hind wings and abdomen.
- Collect and destroy the damaged buds with larvae
- Use light trap to attract and kill the adult moths
- Spray NSKE 5% or malathion 50EC 2ml/lit
- Proper pruning and hygienic maintenance of bushes.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal