Hard scale: Aspidiotus destructor
Symptoms of damage:
- Grubs bore into the rhizome and cause death of the plant
- The presence of dark coloured tunnels in the rhizomes.
- The death of unopened pipe, withering of outer leaves.
Identification of pest:
- Nymph: Oval translucent, Yellowish brown with waxy coating
- Adult: Female circular, semi-transparent and pale brown
- Collect and destroy the affected plant parts
- Field release of coccinelid predators like Chilocorus nigritus, Symnus coccivora
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal