Hairy caterpillars:Euproctis fraterna, Prothesia scintillans
Symptoms of damage:
Identification of pest:
- Larva – yellowish with brown head, yellowish stripe with central red line
- black hairs dorsally on first three segments
- Adult – yellowish moth with black spots.
- Larva – Reddish with redhead surrounded by whitish hairs
- Adult – yellowish moth with a transverse line on the fore wings.
- Collect and destroy egg masses and caterpillars
- Use burning torch to kill the congregating larvae
- Use light trap to attract and kill the adults
- Spray chlorpyriphos 20 EC or quinalphos 25 EC 2ml/lit
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal