Hadda / spotted beetle: H.vigintioito punctata
Symptoms of damage:
- Scrapping of chlorophyll
- Skeletonization and drying of leaves
Identification of pest:
- Eggs: Cigar shaped, yellow in colour
- Grub: Yellowish bearing six rows of longitudinal spines.
- Pupa: Yellowish with spines on posterior part and anterior portion being devoid of spines.
- Adult: 14 spots on each elytra, deep red.
- Collect damaged leaves with grubs and egg masses and destroy them
- Shake plants to dislodge grubs, pupae and adults and destroy
- Conserve natural enemies in brinjal ecosystem
- Spray Carbaryl 50 WP @ 3g/lit.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal