Guava Green Scale: Coccus viridis
Symptoms of damage:
Nymphs and adults suck the sap from leaves
Yellowing of leaves.
Identification of pest:
- Nymph: Pale lemon yellow.
- Adult – green colour, flat and oval-shaped soft scale
- Prune and destroy the infested shoots at the initial stage of infestation.
- Spray monocrotophos 1ml/lit
- After two weeks release 20 predator beetles viz., C. montrouzieribeetle per tree.
- Encourage parasitoids viz., Aneristis sp Coccophgagus cowperi, C. bogoriensis
TamilNadu Agritech Portal