Grey or Areolate mildew: Ramularia areola
- Irregular to angular pale translucent lesions on lower surface, bound by veinlets and grey powdery growth
- Light green specks on upper surface
- In severe cases whitish grey powdery growth on the upper surface. Affected leaves dry up inward, turn yellow and fall prematurely
- Growing the resistant varieties like Sujatha and Varalakshmi.
- Remove and burn the infected crop residues.
- Rogue out the self-sown cotton plants during summer months.
- Avoid excessive application of nitrogenous fertilizers/manures.
- Adopt the correct spacing based on soil conditions and varieties.
- Spray the crop with Carbendazim at 250-375g or wettable sulphur at 1.25-2.0 kg/ha, repeat after a week.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal