Green Scale: Coccus viridis
Symptoms of damage:
- Nymphs and adults suck the sap from leaves
- Yellowing of leaves
Identification of pest:
- Nymph: Pale lemon yellow
- Adult: green, flat oval soft scale
- Prune and destroy the infested shoots at the initial stage of infestation.
- Spray monocrotophos 1ml/lit or phenthoate 1ml/lit
- After two weeks release 20 predator beetles viz., C. montrouzieri beetle per tree.
- Encourage parasitoids viz., Aneristis sp Coccophgagus cowperi, C. bogoriensis.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal