Green Gram Spotted pod borer: Maruca testulalis
Symptoms of damage
- Defoliation in early stages
- Larva’s head alone thrust inside the pods and the rest of the body hanging out.
- Pods with round holes
Identification of the pest
- Larva – Greenish white with brown head. It has two pairs of dark spots on the back of each segment
- Adult – Forewings– light brown colour with white markings; Hindwings – white colour with brown markings at the lateral edge
- ETL: 3/plant
- Phosalone 0.07% (Spray fluid 625 ml/ha)
Note : When the activity of coccinellid predator (both grubs and adults) is seen, insecticide application should be avoided.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal