Gram caterpillar: Helicoverpa armigera Hub.
Symptoms of damage:
- Young larva bores into bud and eats the internal content.
- Feed by thrusting the head inside the bud leaving the rest of its body outside.
- Flowers with perforated petals are seen.
Identification of the pest:
- Larva – greenish with dark grey lines laterally on the body.
- Adult – medium-sized moth with V-shaped speck and a dark border on the hind wings
- black spot on the forewings.
- Hand picking of caterpillars.
- Spray chlorpyriphos 2ml/lit of water.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal