Gallery worm: Elasmopalpus jasminophagus
Symptoms of damage:
- Caterpillars make tunnels of silk and excreta outside the buds and seen on them.
Identification of the pest:
- Caterpillar is green with a red colour head and lateral brown streaks on the body.
- Adult – small and dark grey.
- Collect and destroy the damaged buds along with silken tunnels
- Use light trap to attract and kill the adult moths
- Spray NSKE 5%or malathion 50EC 2ml/lit
- Proper pruning and hygienic maintenance of bushes.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal