Gaint mealybug: Drosicha mangiferae
Symptoms of damage:
- Drying of leaves and inflorescence
- Presence of pinkish nymphs and adult mealy bugs on fruit and fruit stalk.
Identification of pest:
- Pinkish nymph.
- Remove weeds like Clerodendrum inflortunatum and grasses by ploughing during June-July.
- Band the trees with 20 cm wide alkalthene of polythene (400 gauge) in the middle of December (50 cm above the ground level and just below the junction of branching).
- Stem with jute thread and apply a little mud of fruit tree grease on the lower edge of the band.
- If necessary apply chlopyriphos 20EC 2.5 ml/l
- Release of Australian ladybird beetle, Cryptolaemus montrouzieri @ 10/tree
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal