Major French bean diseases are:-
1.French bean Cercospora Leaf Spots: Cercospora malayensis, C. abelmoschi
- In India, two species of Cercospora produce leaf spots in bhindi.
- C. Malayensis causes brown, irregular spots and C.abelmoschi causes sooty black, angular spots.
- Both the leaf spots cause severe defoliation and are common during humid seasons.
- Spraying Mancozeb 0.25 % control the disease.
2.Rhizoctonia bean blight: Rhizoctoniasolani
- On the stem, these are red brown shrunken spots just near the ground.
- Treatment of seed with Carbendazim 50 WP (2 g/kg seed)
- On the appearance of symptoms on the plant in a dry and humid environment, spray Carbendazim 50 WP (0.5g/ litre of water).
3. French bean Angular leaf spot: Phaeoisariopsis griseola
- On the leaves, there are angular red brown spots
- Use healthy seeds.
- Adopt 2-year crop rotation in an infected field.
- Spray Carbendazim 50 WP (50 g/100 litre of water) or Mancozeb (250 g/100 litre of water).
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal