Cotton wilt: Fusarium oxysporum f.sp. vasinfectum
- Initial symptoms on young seedlings are yellowing and browning of cotyledons, followed by the brown ring on the petiole.
- Finally wilting & drying of the seedling occurs. Symptom at later stages includes loss of turgidity, yellowing, drooping and wilting starting from older leaves.
- Browning or blackening of vascular tissues occur on the stem and spreads upwards and downwards. Infected plants appear stunted with fewer bolls.
- Treat the acid-delinted seeds with Carboxin or Carbendazim at 4 g/kg.
- Remove and burn the infected plant debris in the soil after deep summer ploughing during June-July.
- Apply increased doses of potash with a balanced dose of nitrogenous and phosphatic fertilizers.
- Apply heavy doses of farm yard manure or other organic manures at 100t/ha.
- Spot drench with 0.05 % Benomyl or 0.1 % Carbendazim.
- TamilMNadu Agritech Portal