Cotton Verticillium Wilt: Verticillium dahliae
- It affects the crop in square and boll formation stages
- Bronzing of veins followed by interveinal chlorosis, yellowing and scorching of leaves
- Leaves exhibit drying of leaf margins and areas between veins known as “Tiger stripe symptom”
- Affected plants remain barren showing pinkish discolouration in stem and wood. It may produce smaller bolls
- Treat the delinted seeds with Carboxin or Carbendazim at 4 g/kg.
- Remove and destroy the infected plant debris after deep ploughing in summer months (June-July).
- Apply heavy doses of farm yard manure or compost at 100t/ha.
- Follow crop rotation by growing paddy or lucerne or chrysanthemum for 2-3 years.
- Spot drench with 0.05 % Benomyl or 0.1 % Carbendazim.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal