Cotton Root rot: Rhizoctonia bataticola (Pycnidial stage: Macrophomina phaseolina)
- Germinating seedling shows black lesions on hypocotyls, girdling of stem and death of seedlings.
- Affected basal stem becomes dark with bark shredding and scloretial bodies in the shredded bark.
- The entire root system gets rotted, plants dried & can be easily pulled out.
- Treat the seeds with Trichoderma viride @ 4g/kg or Pseudomonas fluorescens
@ 10g/kg of seed.
- Treat the seeds with Carboxin or Thiram at 5 g or Carbendazim at 2g/kg.
- Spot drench with 0.1% Carbendazim or 0.05% Benomyl.
- Apply farm yard manure at 10t/ha or neem cake at 2.5t/ha.
- Adjust the sowing time, early sowing (First week of April) or late sowing (Last week of June) so that crop escapes the high soil temperature conditions.
- Adopt intercropping with sorghum or moth bean (Phaseolus aconitifolius) to lower the soil temperature.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal