Coriander is a fast-growing and aromatic herb that grows in the cooler weather of spring and fall.This herb is used to flavour many recipes, and the entire plant is edible.
Major diseases of Coriander are:-
1.Wilt disease: Fusarium Oxysporum f.sp. corianderii
- In affected plants, lower leaves turn yellow and later dry
- Later, the affected plants show wilt symptom
- The roots of affected plants show vascular discolouration
- Seed treatment with Carbendazim @ 2g/kg of seeds
- Seed treatment with Pseudomonas fluorescens @ 10g/kg of seeds
- Soil drenching with Carbendazim 0.1% or copper oxy chloride 0.25%
2.Coriander Powdery Mildew: Erysiphe polygoni
- Small, white spots appear on leaf surface and later cover the entire surface
- Powdery growth can be seen on petiole and umbels
- Under severe infection, plants present an ashy -white appearance
- Spray with wettable sulphur 0.2 per cent
3.Coriander Stem gall: Protomyces macrosporus
Galls appear on the leaves and stems of the plants affected by this disease.
The shape of coriander seeds changes due to the effect of the disease.
To control the disease, sowing may be done only by treating the seeds with 4 g Thiram and 2 g Bavistin / Kg. seeds.
Spray 0.1% solution of Carbendazim when the symptoms start appearing and repeat the spraying at an interval of 20 days till the disease is completely controlled.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal.