Chafer beetle: Anomala sp
Symptoms of damage:
- Adult beetles feed on the leaves and petals of flowers.
Identification of the pest:
- Adult beetles are pale yellowish beetle.
- Hand picking and destruction of chafer beetles during day time (Anon, 1999)
- Spraying of petroleum ether extract of dried rhizomes of Acorus calamus ( 0.1 to 0.5%)
- Treat the soil around the trunk with carbaryl 10% @ 30 g/plant
- Spray methyl parathion 50 EC or malathion 50 EC at 2 ml/l of water.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal