Brinjal Stem borer: Euzophera perticella
Symptoms of damage:
- Top shoots of young plants droop and wither.
- Older plants become stunted.
- Fruit bearing is affected
Identification of pest:
- Egg: Cream, scale-like
- Larva: Fully grown larva is creamy white
- Adult: Greyish brown, forewings has transverse line and hind wings are white in colour.
- Collect and destroy the damaged and dead plants
- Light trap @1/ha to attract and kill adults
- Spray neem oil 2ml/lit
- Avoid using synthetic pyrethriods causing resurgence
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal