Blister beetle: Mylabris phalerata
Symptoms of damage
- The adult feeds voraciously on buds and flowers.
Identification of the pest
- Eggs – are light yellowish in colour and cylindrical in shape.
- Larvae – Young grubs are white in colour.
- Adult – Elytra are black in colour with a round orange spot and two transverse wavy orange bands across the wings.
- Manual collection or collection with insect net and killing of adults in kerosenized water appears to be the only possible solution
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal