Blister beetle: Mylabris phalerata
Symptoms of damage
- The adult feeds voraciously on buds and flowers.
Identification of the pest
- Eggs – are light yellowish in colour and cylindrical in shape.
- Larva – Young grubs are white in colour.
- Adult – Elytra are black in colour with a round orange spot and two transverse wavy orange bands across the wings.
- Pheromone traps for Helicoverpa armigera 12/ha
- Mechanical collection of grown up larva and blister beetle
- Ha NPV 3 x1012 POB/ha in 0.1% teepol
- Apply any one of the following insectcides:
- Azadirachtin 0.03%WSP 2500-5000 g/ha
- Bacillus thuringiensis serovar kurstaki (3a,3b,3c) 5%WP 1000-
- Emamectin benzoate 5%SG 220 g/ha
- Indoxacarb 15.8%SC 333 ml/ha
- NPV of H. armigera 2% AS 250-500
- Quinalphos 25%EC 1400 ml/ha
- Spinosad 45%SC 125-162 ml/ha
- Phosalone 0.07%(Spray fluid 625 ml/ha)
(Note: Insecticide / Ha NPV spray should be made when the larvae are up to third instar).
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal