Black Gram Blue butterfly: Lampides boeticus
Symptoms of damage:
- Buds, flowers and young pods with boreholes
- The presence of slug-like caterpillar.
- Honeydew secretion with black ant movements
Identification of the pest:
- Larva – It is flat and slightly rounded; Pale green with a rough skin.
- Adult – moth is greyish blue with prominent black spots in the hind wings and a long tail; Ventral side of wings with numerous stripes and brown spots
- Spray any one of the following insectcides (Spray fluid 500 l/ha)
- Emamectin benzoate 5%SG 220 g/ha
- Indoxacarb 15.8%SC 333 ml/ha
- NSKE 5% twice followed by triazophos 0.05%
- Neem oil 2%
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal.