Black Gram Anthracnose: Colletotrichum lindemuthianum
- The fungus attacks all aerial part parts and at any stage of plant growth.
- Symptoms are circular, black, sunken spots with a dark center and bright red-orange margins on leaves and pods.
- In severe infections, the affected parts wither off.
- Seedlings get blighted due to infection soon after seed germination.
- The pathogen survives on seed and plant debris
- The disease spreads in the field through air-borne conidia.
- The disease is more severe in cool and wet seasons.
- Seed treatment with Carbendazim 2g/kg
- Remove and destruct plant debris
- Spray Mancozeb 2g/lit or Carbendazim 0.5g/lit.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal